function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
manojjain4328manojjain4328 

Force.comIDE Error Message:Unable to connect host name test.salesforce.com,Invalid username,password

Hello SForce Family Members,

I am Manoj Jain new member of sforce family.

I am facing one problem and i need your help.

I have added salesforce plugin successfully in eclipse,but when i am trying to create new force project its now allowing me to do the same.

Everytime i got same error invalid username password,security tocken or may be you are locked.

I have already resetted my security tocken thrice but no success.Currently i am using trial version of salesforce.

Please help me regarding this issue.

Thanks & Regards,

Manoj Jain

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Nick34536345Nick34536345

Hi again,

I just checked the docs, the following editions have metadata API, which the eclipse plugin needs:

"To use the Metadata API, your organization must use Enterprise Edition, Unlimited Edition, Free Edition, or Developer Edition."

All Answers

Nick34536345Nick34536345

Hi there,

In the project properties jsut below where you enter username/password/token, there is a "Environment" menu. This determines the hostname of the login server, which is different according to the org you want to log into. Since your error says test.salesforce.com I'm guessing that you selected "Sandbox"? For trial org I'm not 100% certain but I would say you should select "Production/Developer".

hope that helps

Nick

manojjain4328manojjain4328

Hi Nick,

I have tried with all permutation and combination with envirnment but no success.

After that i have again resetted my security tocken after that i got new warning message

"no meta data api enable for this organization" 

but the good thing is old error message has gone now instead of error now i have one warning message

but still i am not able to login into eclipse.

Regards,

Manoj Jain 

Nick34536345Nick34536345

Hi again,

I just checked the docs, the following editions have metadata API, which the eclipse plugin needs:

"To use the Metadata API, your organization must use Enterprise Edition, Unlimited Edition, Free Edition, or Developer Edition."

This was selected as the best answer
leemurphy_asuleemurphy_asu

New to Force.com IDE as well. I cant make the standalone IDE 32bit connect for the life of me. I have tried all combinations including my enerprise account. my enterprise sandbox and my personal developer free account. any ideas????

It continues to throw the unable to connect to host 'salesforce.......':

I am not usinga security token because its not required. urgh, out of tricks about to head back to MS Access.

Thx in advance.

mediaprojectsmediaprojects

I am also not able to connect to whatever hostname of SF. I am only able to login into my fulldata sandbox via the web browser.

Were you guys able to resolve this problem so far? Thanks a lot.

rg00650451.394096414400534E12rg00650451.394096414400534E12
Hi Nick,

What doest METADATA API mean? Is there any seprate URL to enable it or different plugin for eclipse?
ManzaManza

has anyone find out the solution of this??

sindhu peddisindhu peddi
Hi ,

Just enter the username and password (password + securitytoken) and leave the security token field blank and click next you will be able to login.

Thanks
Sindhu