function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
danaledanale 

Notice: Board changes

Hi friends ~

I was cleaning up some boards that have very little traffic and merging content. 

Notifications were supposed to have been turned off during this time but it has come to my attention that this was not actually done; I deeply apologize to all of you who had your inboxes stuffed with notification, I'm really, really sorry about this. 

Also, moved posts have not been sorting correctly by date and are now floating at the top. This is being looked into ASAP and I hope to be solved shortly. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, we are undertaking these changes with the hope to make the boards easier to navigate and find the information you need. 

Let me know if you have any questions or comments!

Best,

Dana

sfdcfoxsfdcfox

Dana,

I presume this includes "New to Cloud Development"? I suppose I should have looked here, first. I usually just go about my normal boards, though, and saw that the entire category was deleted/inactive.

danaledanale

Hey sfdcfox,

Yes, we looked over the content on "New to Cloud" and it seemed to be very similar to what people were posting in General anyway, so we decided to merge New into General. 

Tomorrow I'm going to merge the jobs boards, and get rid of Announcements. Any big news will be posted in General, since that gets the lion's share of eyes and traffic. 

If you have other suggestions for merging boards, I'd love to hear it. I want to reduce complexity, and the number of boards you have to search for topics. 

Thanks!

Dana

Ranu JainRanu Jain

HI Dana,

Can you please tell me how this tagging is done on this board. I mean I have seen many user 'top taggers' . how can we tag other people or own self on a post.

May be it is a worng palce to ask this question .But I could not find any other place to ask this.

WietzeWietze

It looks to me like there is a link on each post that says "Add tag".

Ranu JainRanu Jain

Thanks for reply.

Yes, I can see this. But for what this link . for adding user's or topic ?

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

The link is for adding topics to the response.  This has been subject to abuse in the past as people try to move themselves up the tag leaderboard.  

Max_gMax_g

Why am I getting an error when trying to go to the Apex Code Development board?  I am not able to get around that error?  This has been happening for the last couple of weeks.

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

It's been working fine for me all this time - is this when you click the 'Apex Code Development' link from the left sidebar?

Max_gMax_g

Yes it is. 

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

What error do you see?