function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Scott.MScott.M 

Developer Console Test Runs

There is an extremely annoying issue in running tests in the last SF release. For some reason test classes show as failed with 0 test failures. Definitely a salesforce bug, am I the only one who has noticed this? 

Ashish_SFDCAshish_SFDC

Hi Scott, 

Can you post the exact error message or upload a pic via tinypic.com

Regards,

Ashish

digamber.prasaddigamber.prasad

Hi,

I know it's annoying. I had the same issue and I clear the test results and after that I am able to run test class successfully. You can clear the test results going via Setup >> App Setup >> Develop >> Apex Test Execution >> View Test History >> Clear Test Results.

Let me know if it works for you.

Happy to help you!

Scott.MScott.M

Thanks for the tip :( sadly it didn't work for me

Ashish_SFDCAshish_SFDC

Hi Scott, 

What is the exact error message, can you upload an image via tinypic.com.

Regards,

Ashish

Ashish_SFDCAshish_SFDC

How are you running the tests ? Are you using Developer Console, Did you try in both Console and Force.com IDE.

Regards,

Ashish

Scott.MScott.M

I've tried developer console and the Apex Test Excution page. Both give the same error: 

"Could not run tests on class [sfid]"

even though all the tests run and pass. 

<rant>

I've given up on running tests in the Eclipse IDE since it constantly crashes. Could be because the of the number of tests I have? no error given. If that's the case it's just another example of SF not scaling where it needs to, to be in the enterprise game.

The Eclipse IDE is a horrible IDE by the way (for the SF folks listening, you are listening right? you're a customer company) I'm pretty sure any experienced developer coming from any background would agree with this statement. I'm also 100% certain that none fo the Salesforce Developers have to deal with such primitive development tools. If the goal is to make the developer console the IDE - it's almost just as bad. There's a lot of work to do on that gem.

If you want to be a platform stop building stand alone applications and make your development tools awesome, also adopt Amazon's API first methodology. Why on earth are there capabilities in force that are only available to specific salesforce apps, and not to partner developers.

As a platform.. you're doing it wrong.

</rant>