function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
BurstOfSunshineBurstOfSunshine 

Anyone get involved with replacing Quickbooks?

We want to get away from double entry of financial data, and since Quickbooks integrates well with nothing, we want to replace it wholesale. We need a simple application that will do Quote-to-cash, revenue recognition, billing and no other accounting function at all, so no GL AR, AP etc. Optional to calculate commission, but we would like some flexibility in billing options, annual, project-based, one-off, etc.

If you have successfully replaced Quickbooks with something that integrates with Salesforce, I would greatly like to know what you found and your experiences in using it.

Thanks greatly

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
tbuckettbucket

BTW, look at ChikPea on the AppExchange...there are a couple fo others too, but that one caught my eye.  You will see the others when you do a search.

All Answers

tbuckettbucket

My mind has been in the same place lately....

Are you saying you have tried the Pervasive QBooks connector and you are not happy with in?  I am about to trial it (or DBSYnc) so just curious.  I've only heard good things about both...but maybe that is just because it is so much better than direct integration.

All of what you are saying can be done.  You can do it 100% custom or with the help of some appexchange apps.  I even have started it in my own org, but got busy.  I am actually going a little farther than you because I do want to capture transactions so that I can re-create a simple Income Statement to EBITDA..probably not any Balance Sheet stuff...not now anyway.  I got the idea when I was looking at the "Accountant's Copy" in QBooks.  It pretty much just looked like a dump of transactions to me...and I can do that in Salesforce without much extra work..plus I can tie transacations to Opportunities, projects, or anything I want.

Not sure I gave you any answers, but just know you are not alone in your thought process!

TG

tbuckettbucket

BTW, look at ChikPea on the AppExchange...there are a couple fo others too, but that one caught my eye.  You will see the others when you do a search.

This was selected as the best answer
BurstOfSunshineBurstOfSunshine

Pervasive is less than optimal because of the way in which the two systems were set up. There is little congruence between the two and that makes Pervasive difficult at best to integrate them.

I did take your advice and that looks alot more promising.

Thanks for your reply!

tbuckettbucket

BTW, I'm thinking about taking a look at FreshBooks.  I used to think is was just for super-small business's, but I've heard too many good things about it.  My initial drive-by likes what I see about their API....looks like they take an opposite approach with integration...they welcome it and give you the tools.  (I'm not techie enough to do the integration, but I think I know enough to know if my developer would like it).