function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
srinivasusrinivasu 

how to display specific sections of Account Detail page in a VF page?

Hi,

I want to display only certain sections of Account Detail page and only certain related lists. For eg : i want to display only Account Detail,

Address Information, Marketing Profile in the detail section and only few related lists like opportunities,activity history. How to achieve this?

If i use <apex:detail> tag then it displays the all sections of the detail page but all are not required.

Please help.

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

I think you'll need to build this up via the standard tags - e.g. using pageblocks, pageblocksections and relatedlist components.  You can't change how the apex:detail behaves with that level of granularity.

The only other option is to create a specific page layout that has the details you want, but that might turn into a configuration headache.

Devendra@SFDCDevendra@SFDC

Hi Bob,

When we write code to override standard detail page, then how can we still keep chatter option available?

<apex:detail showchatter="true">

<apex:detail> has one attribute to display chatter.

How can we display detail of a record and chatter too using <apex:pageblockSection> and other standard tags?

Thanks,

Devendra S

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

There are standard components that pull the chatter feed in - check out the docs for chatter:feed and chatter:feedwithfollowers.