function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
AndyPandyAndyPandy 

Data Loader to Insert Documents and Overwrite old Versions of same named Documents

Hello,

I have been creating a process-conf.xml file in order to automatically insert Documents into Salesforce on a daily basis.

The .xml file is working fine, however, I had been told that if you insert a Document with the same name as an existing Document in SFDC, then previous version would be overwritten with the new version, which is what I want.  However, this is not happening when I run my .xml file, I am instead getting a selection of Documents with the same name.

Is there a way of ensuring that if I upload a Document with the same name as an existing Document (which I regularly will be), the previous version is overwritten with the new one.

Any help would be much appreciated.  Cheers,

Andy

Ankit AroraAnkit Arora

When you are uploading the document via DataLoader then if you want to update the existing documents then you need to pass the Id of document in xml and need to call the update action.

Thanks

Ankit Arora

Blog | Facebook | Blog Page

AndyPandyAndyPandy

Thanks Ankit,

I actually decided to just write another bean with a "delete" function, instead of an "insert" one; as each day the whole selection would be amended.

So that should be ok.

Thanks for your help though,

Andy