function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
CloudMikeCloudMike 

Data Loader 21.0 - Bugs?

Has anyone else noticed some unexpected behavior with the latest version of the Data Loader, version 21.0?  Here is a list of just some of the issues that I've come across that do not occur when using previous versions of the Data Loader:

1. When attempting to update a small subset of fields contained in the .csv file but not all (ie. mapping only a few fields), the Data Loader throws an the Error:  Failed to find mapping for '<one of the unmapped fields in the .csv file>'.  However, if all the fields in the .csv file are mapped, it appears to work correctly.  Previous versions had no problem with mapping only a subset of fields contained in the .csv file, my guess is this is a bug.
  2. After successfully completing an Export, the Data Loader stops responding to any action button click for Insert, Update, Upsert or Delete.  However, it will let you choose Export or Export All.  I cannot tell if this one is a new "feature" or a bug.
Anyone else experiencing any similar issues?  
Thanks in advance!

lfernerlferner

[ok, IE9 doesn't want to play nice with the SF site]

Yes, I can confirm (1).

In our case the behaviour is a little different, though: For testing purposes we need to import all account records including all fields from our production SF instance into a sandbox. Data Loader 21.0 doesn't even let you map all columns from the CSV file to SF fields, neither manually nor automatically (this is the same for Data Loader 20.0, even though the import works just fine with DL 20.0). This regards standard SF fields like 'AnnualRevenue' (not custom fields which are mapped correctly).

Playing with the "Use Bulk API" option in settings doesn't make a difference.

John FlintJohn Flint

Yes, I am having the same problems.

I also found a new one.  I tried to export all fields and all rows from object Group (using the data loader generated SOQL) and receive an error message

" Invalid soql:  Failed to parse table Name".

bing@homebing@home

same here.  how come v21 is this buggy?

StephenBStephenB

+1 for this bug with v21.

Get the 'Failed to get mapping for' error when trying to load into Territory, where not all fields are mapped from the CSV file.

DaveLDaveL

yep.  equivalent error using lexiloader v 21.  ugh.  back to v17.

Jim CripeJim Cripe

I have a case with SalesForce open right now concerning CheckBox fields failing silently if you accidently feed them a string other than "true" or "false".

Version 20 reports an error in the errors.csv, but 21 and 22 both skip the file row altogether.

I requested that they provide me with a version 20 installer for my organization and they did.