function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
HaralambyHaralamby 

Revenue Forecasting Help

Hello!

Does anyone know if Salesforce has a better tool to use with regards revenue recognition other than the Product Schedule option?

The Product Schedule option is clever but not nearly as flexible as it needs to be.  (atleast from what I know)

Pre Salesforce we used a simple excel spreadsheet to forecast monthly revenues from our pipeline. 

So essentially what we need is to set automatic schedules based on formula rates and start dates rather than having to manually edit each record’s start date and rate.

Any Ideas?  Here is an example of what we need and how robust it needs to be

Total Project                      Daily Revenue                                   Formula Start Date      Month 1     Month 2    Momth 3     Momth 4

Revenue                                     Recognition Rate                             

$100,000                                            $2,000                                                                August 31                            2000       60,000            38,000

$300,000                                           $4,000                                                                 August 30                            8000       120,000          120,000         52,000

We have all the formula fields needed but we don’t know how to tell Salesforce to use them for forecasting or revenue scheduling. 

Thank you for your help!!!!!

Harry

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
EnthEnth

The EnthCast package can be installed from the AppExchange on a 30 day free trial basis. It supports the following types of schedule automation:

• Automation of changes to the standard Salesforce.com Revenue schedules, including changes to the Opportunity Close Date
  • Creation of custom schedules on a day of week or percentage split and offset basis
  • Automatic distribution of revenue per forecast period or calendar period based on a date range per Opportunity Line Item

To install the package, or view the demo video go to:  EnthCast AppExchange

All Answers

ForecasterForecaster

Harry

I would recommend visiting Right90 (www.right90.com).  We have a number of customers who use our application to develop a sales forecast and translate that into a revenue forecast based on definable business rules.  Right90 is a salesforce.com partner and has a large number of customers who also use salesforce.com.

If you prefer, you can contact me directly @ sales@right90.com to find out more.

Pier

@briandeyo@briandeyo

Harry,

I am trying to do a similar thing but I don't believe it is possible to influence the Schedule date based on any sort of customization. I've tried everything to do this.

I am curious how you got your Month 1, Month 2, etc. formulas?  Could you share those?

EnthEnth

You can write the schedule using Apex code. I have a package to do this that was created for the Media industry to support Ad Sales where they wanted to pro-rate the revenue across each fiscal period.

The package is available as free private package if you're interested. Stuck in security review as UK SFDC say their partner network is closed to new AppExchange members.

richginparichginpa

Hi, if this is still available, I would be very interested in this code.

We have the same issue and would like to understand the revenue on a monthly basis.

Thanks in advance for your assistance,

Rich

EnthEnth
Hi Rich, I see you installed the trial, please let me know how you find the app and any suggestions for improvement to fit your needs. Regards, Enth
tjfinsbluetjfinsblue

Did you find a solution to this post?

EnthEnth

The EnthCast package can be installed from the AppExchange on a 30 day free trial basis. It supports the following types of schedule automation:

• Automation of changes to the standard Salesforce.com Revenue schedules, including changes to the Opportunity Close Date
  • Creation of custom schedules on a day of week or percentage split and offset basis
  • Automatic distribution of revenue per forecast period or calendar period based on a date range per Opportunity Line Item

To install the package, or view the demo video go to:  EnthCast AppExchange

This was selected as the best answer
APPropoz UserAPPropoz User

Hi,

If it isn't too late. Check out the APPexchange APP called REVview from APPropoz. It has a 30 day free trial.

https://sites.secure.force.com/appexchange/results?keywords=revview

Hope that helps