function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
pinkelk3pinkelk3 

Problem with free App: Find Nearby Accounts

I installed this App successfully in my dev org, but when I repeat the process in my client's Production Org, clicking the 'Find Nearby Accounts' link opens the VF window, but then I get an empty dialog box, and no results.

The batch Geocode Accounts function works fine. 

I have de-installed, repeated the setup process, but same results.

Ideas? 

Message Edited by pinkelk3 on 08-11-2009 11:17 AM
stigroupstigroup

I managed to install the the Find Nearby Accounts app. I started to run the app and this is the error I received. collection exceeds maximum size: 1001 An unexpected error has occurred. Your development organization has been notified. Does this mean it can only go up to 1001 accounts?

BlankaBlanka

I have actually had this problem myself. The way it was resovled for me is by generating a Google Map Key for the c.na...page.

Therefore in your case you need to register the c.na6.visual.force.com

Then once you did this you need to put that key in the Setup- Create - Custom Label "GeoApiKey".

Go back to the account , click on Find Nearby Accounts link or button.

If you see a map, your key is correct.

If you don't you need to go back to the previous step and get a new API key. (Perhaps you copied the URL incorrectly).

Side note: I am not sure if you are using the newest version of the app - this was just released a few days ago.

Let me know if you need assistance.

Thanks

Blanka

ImaghrooriImaghroori

If you're getting that blank window.  That's due to your Google Maps API key being incorrect.

The best way to get the correct key, is to go to the page that SHOULD have the map on it, get the error, click okay,

then copy that url.

Use THAT url in the Google Maps Api Key page, and you should be just fine. 

Once you get that going, you'll no longer get that error message. 

Also, don't forget to add http://maps.google.com, as a remote site.

cafe2cafe2

I was able to install this app in my developer account, but I keep getting an error when I try to install it in my company's sandbox. This is the error:

System.Exception: Assertion Failed: Mappable:getStatus: Expected: Not Located Yet, Actual: null
Class.TestMappable.MappableObjectTest: line 41, column 9
External entry point

Any ideas as to what went wrong?

a_ca_c

I am also having a problem with Find Nearby Accounts. With certain accounts when we press "Find Nearby Accounts" we recieve an error:

"Account cannot be mapped, please look over the account record for more information (Account Problem with Address)"

We have changed the format of the address multiple times. In the setup it tells you to not add P.O boxes or Suite Numbers, so we do not have any of that. Also, I know that these address are valid because they show up on normal Google maps. We have a number of accounts that have been mapped perfectly fine, it is just random ones that are not mapping.

Does anybody know what could be going on?

Thanks!