function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ManojjenaManojjena 

How to give profile level access to standard partner object

Hi All,

I need to give access to partner objcet without ViewAllData Access to a particular profile.Can any one help me on this.

Thanks In Advance

Situ

Advanz Knowledge SystemsAdvanz Knowledge Systems

Hi Situ,

If you don't mind can you please elaborate the question.

Is that Standard partner object is profile or anything else ?

If that is profile with view all data permissions that we can restrict permissions by cloning that profile and replacing the name by any name and we can give access as our wish to that profile.

For Eg: we have salesforce admin profile, we can clone that profile and give access as our wish to that profile.

ManojjenaManojjena

HI Pradeep,

While calling a method the error is coming like   "sObject type 'Partner' is not supported." If I will give ViewAllData access to this profile then it is working fine.But I don't want to give viewAllData access to the because it will effect to the private chatter.So without viewAllData acess is there any way thet we can give access to this Partner object which is a Standrad salesforce object.

Thanks

Situ

Hi Situ,

Thank you for clarification.

There is chance to clone that profile and give access based on your requirement.

And also we can go with sharing rules of that particular user.

ManojjenaManojjena

Pradeep,

Do u think we can give access to Partner objcet if we clone that profile.Why i am asking is there is no option for this object in profile lavel.

Second thing can we give access to object through sharing rule??

Please give suggesion I need it ASAP because it is a production issue.Please help me on this.

Thanks

Situ

Hi Situ,

Yes, it works if we clone that. After cloning that profile we can give access to particular object.

RajanJasujaRajanJasuja
Hi Manoj,

Do you get the solution for this? I am facing the same issue in one of my profile.

Thanks,
Rajan