function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Edwin KEdwin K 

API Login using Customer Portal Username

Hi,

I want to ask how to login to api using customer portal username & password? I have my customer portal' api enabled = true. If I'm using Partner user, I can login to api using partner user username & password. The login error if I'm using customer portal username is some thing like 'Invalid Login.....

Am I missing something? Any suggestions would be great..

Thanks..

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
sfdcfoxsfdcfox

You need to use a LoginScopeHeader with the orgainzationId set to your organization ID and the portalId set to the portal's ID.

All Answers

sfdcfoxsfdcfox

You need to use a LoginScopeHeader with the orgainzationId set to your organization ID and the portalId set to the portal's ID.

This was selected as the best answer
Edwin KEdwin K

Hi,

Exactly how do I add the loginscopeheader? As my case, I want to login to apex explorer or apex data loader using customer portal login? Where should I add the loginscopeheader in apex explorer or apex data loader? More helps would be great.. 

Thanks...

sfdcfoxsfdcfox

LoginScopeHeader is a "header" used by the API to login as a portal user. It is part of the API exposed by the Force.com platform, but as far as I know, neither the Apex Data Loader nor the Apex Explorer support this feature.

Edwin KEdwin K

Hi,

Ok, that's great information... I'll keep in mind your solution and information..

Thanks a lot..

pdrg1.3935317788340354E12pdrg1.3935317788340354E12
Hello Edwin
were you able to resolve your issue. if so I was wondering how exactly the header information icluded in the login using java APIs. can you please print the connection code. appreciate your hep.
thanks a lot.