function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
amoldavskyamoldavsky 

export Custom Setting meta data

Hey,

Does anyone know how to export Custom Setting meta data out of Salesforce so that I can commit that into our SVN repoditory with the rest of the SF code?

Thanks

sfdcfoxsfdcfox

Do you mean the data stored therein, or the custom setting object itself?

The former is extracted using the API (e.g. Apex Data Loader script), the latter is extracted the same as a Custom Object (using the metadata entity CustomObject in your package.xml file). Make sure you're using a recent version of the API or you may not be able to see the Custom Setting and/or the data contained within.

amoldavskyamoldavsky

Hey,

I was just interested in exporting the metadata for the custom setting definitions (the custom setting itself and it's fields).

I really can't find how to do that, I never exported a custom object metadata before either.

Can you pelase provide some guidelines?

Thanks

sfdcfoxsfdcfox

For exporting the custom setting fields, in your org, click on Setup > Develop > Tools, and grab the Ant Toolkit. You'll need to read some directions, but once you've got a project set up, you'll just run a short command-line, and it will deposit your fields into a file you can edit or backup offline. For exporting the data inside the custom setting, click on Setup > Data Management > Data Loader, download, install, and run. It will let you export all the data, or export a filtered subset.

rishabh rathor 28rishabh rathor 28
Try BOFC - to export (Single or multiple) Custom settings or Metadata Types at same time in few clicks.
here's the link - https://bofc.io/bulk-export-operations/how-to-export-custom-metadata-types-in-salesforce-in-few-clicks