function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Del_SantosDel_Santos 

Help on record type

Hi Guys,

1. I have a record type and page layout called "locked Opportunity"

2. I just created a new opportunity record type "BellTel Opportunity"  and a new page layout also called "BellTel Opportunity" 

3. We have a separate system called FIS integrated with Salesforce to update some opportunity field. This system is designed to verify if the facility for the created opportunity is available.

4. We have a custom button that will send the opportunity details to FIS.

5. Exchange of information from SFDC and FIS is thru WSDL.

Now, I created a new opportunity with thisrecord type "BellTel Opportunity", when i send the details to FIS the opportunity record and layout is still "BellTel Opportunity". But when FIS returns the details to salesforce, it does not only update the fields but i also changed the record type and layout to "locked Opportunity". I am struggling all day to find out why it was changing the record type. Could someone help me or give me a clue.

Im totally clueless.:(

Thanks,

Del

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
AmitSahuAmitSahu
Have you gone through the Debug log to see if there is no workflow working for this ?

All Answers

AmitSahuAmitSahu
Your FIS is not making the update to the record type , is that what you wanted to say ? Can you check the response you get from FIS ?
Del_SantosDel_Santos

Hi, Thanks for your reply.

No, actually we did not set FIS to update any record type. it will only give a value to a field, like for example field "FIS Remarks". it will only send a value to FIS remarks field in salesforce.

1. I included "FIS Remarks" field in both page layout. so if i created an opportunity for "locked page layout" and send it to FIS. FIS is updating the "FIS Remarks" field and leaving the page layout and record type as  is.

2. But, if i created an opportunity for "BellTel Opportunity" with "BellTel Opportunity" page layout, it is also updating the "FIS Remarks" field but strangely it is also updating the record type to "Locked record type" and "locked page layout"

Del

AmitSahuAmitSahu
Have you gone through the Debug log to see if there is no workflow working for this ?
This was selected as the best answer
Del_SantosDel_Santos

Hi! great suggestion. thanks. i will check. :)

Del_SantosDel_Santos

Hi j020.

Thanks a lot!!I really appreciate your help. I saw one workflow created way back 2009 by the first admin that updates the record type.

Thanks!!

Del