function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SharathChandraSharathChandra 

Email Limit

We are using Unlimited edition can anyone say what is the limit for sending Single emails via apex per a day.

http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/apexcode/Content/apex_gov_limits.htm

this is saying that Maximum Number of Email Messages Processed i.e inbond emails

I want to know the limit for outbond emails.

Thanks in advance.

Please help asap

MagulanDuraipandianMagulanDuraipandian

The limit is 10.

Check the below link for more details..

http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/apexcode/Content/apex_classes_email_outbound.htm

Regards,

Magulan D

Salesforce.com certified Force.com Developer.

SFDC Blog

SFDC Site

If this post is your solution, kindly mark this as the solution.

admintrmpadmintrmp

You are limited to 1000 outbound emails per day.

Is there any way by which i can increase the limit.

admintrmpadmintrmp

I've heard it's possible but you won't get it increased by much. Perhaps by another 1000.

Salesforce commented on this by saying that they are not a mailing engine and suggest using external email services such as Amazon Web Services.

Thanks for your reply.

Let me explain my use case

I'm creating web to case using php file using SOAP API.

I want to send email whoever creates the case along with cc and bcc in addition.

So there will be more than 1000 or 2000 who creates cases daily so how should i handle this

Please help

Thanks in advance

admintrmpadmintrmp

From either PHP or Apex, I would suggest calling the Amazon Web Services to send your emails. You write the HTML via your code, send it to Amazon via HTTP Request and they will send it in an email for you. It's great and very cheap.

On the other hand, it's worth looking into the Case object settings as their may be automated email settings in place for this (don't take my word for it though). Go to Setup | App Setup | Customize | Cases to see if there is anything there for you. If there is, that will most likely be unlimited for you, rather than limited to 1000.