function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SFDC_LearnerSFDC_Learner 

Unable to fetch and save Force.com Components to Project

Hi,

Unable to fetch and save Force.com Components to Project: com.salesforce.ide.api.metadata.types.Metadata$JaxAccessorF_fullName cannot be cast to com.sun.xm.internal.bind.v2.runtime.reflect.Accessor

Abort or Continute Force.com project creation?

==============

while i am creating a new force.com project i got this error: can u please tell me why this error came. i downloaded eclipse and added force.com ide.... when i try to creating a new force.com project i got this error... and i am able to create a force.com project but not getting all existing classes and pages. And not added my new page or class content to the sever when i save. Is it required any other software installations?

DDShettyDDShetty

Even i'm having same problem .... Can anybody tell me how to overcome this problem?

SidharthSidharth

i got the same problem.

Any solution?

asapjimasapjim

Hi, any update on this?  I am getting the same error this morning creating a new project.  Any work arounds?  Should I abort or continue the project setup? 

I am getting the same error but the component name is slightly different - instead of jaxAccessorF_fullName it is jaxbAccessorF_fullName - note the "b" in between jax and Accessor.

SFDC_LearnerSFDC_Learner

I did not get the solution till.

I don't know what is the problem.

In my system i tried mostly all eclipse versions and also force.com IDEs...

I am waiting for answer...

If any one know the solution to this, please reply..

So that it could be helpful to the Others...

SidharthSidharth

try with java jre 6 or 5. Updating my java to version 7 caused this problem. And restoring to version 6 solved this issue.

asapjimasapjim

Hi, thank you for the suggestion.  I tried what you suggested, disabled java jre 7 and enabled java jre 6.  Relaunched the IDE, tried to create a new project and got the same exception. 

Did you make any other changes to your set up beside the jre?

Thank you for your help!

SFDC_LearnerSFDC_Learner

I also tried  all versions of Eclipse with jre5,jre6 and jre7.

But getting same error:

Unable to fetch and save Force.com Components to Project: com.salesforce.ide.api.metadata.types.Metadata$JaxAccessorF_fullName cannot be cast to com.sun.xm.internal.bind.v2.runtime.reflect.Accessor

========================================

while i am creating a new force.com project i got this error: can u please tell me why this error came. i downloaded eclipse and added force.com ide.... when i try to creating a new force.com project i got this error... and i am able to create a force.com project but not getting all existing classes and pages. And not added my new page or class content to the sever when i save. Is it required any other software installations?

SidharthSidharth

Make sure jre7 is completely uninstalled, check with jre6 and jre5, and try changing the workspace location. I dont know the root cause of the problem, but this change worked for me.

SFDC_LearnerSFDC_Learner

Yes Boss. Thanks for your valuable suggestions.

Its working now...

uninstall java from the system. Then 

Download jdk-6-windows-i586 and  install it...

Cheers.........

salesforce expertsalesforce expert

Thanks!! removed jdk7 and installed jre6 it works fine...

fourqfourq

Try arranging the forceide.ini file.  I moved the MaxPermSize, and PermSize args up by 4 lines and it's worked ever since. (Didn't have to downgrade Java)

forceide.ini contents:

#utf8 (do not remove)
-startup
../Common/plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.0.201.R35x_v20090715.jar
--launcher.library
../Common/plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.win32.win32.x86_64_1.0.200.v20090519
-install
C:\Users\fourq\AppData\Local\salesforce.com\Force.com IDE
-configuration
C:\Users\fourq\AppData\Local\salesforce.com\Force.com IDE\configuration
-vmargs
-XX:MaxPermSize=512M
-XX:PermSize=128M
-Dfile.encoding=UTF-8
-Xms256m
-Xmx1024m

IGCOOIGCOO

Moving the lines up in the ini file does NOT work. fourq must have made some other changes as well.

Rocky.4QRocky.4Q
I've done this several times. Worked each time, without other changes.
Chirag MehtaChirag Mehta

Shuffling of lines worked for me. Thanks a lot fourq.

My eclipse.ini code

-startup
plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.2.0.v20110502.jar
--launcher.library
plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.win32.win32.x86_1.1.100.v20110502
-showsplash
org.eclipse.platform
-vmargs
-XX:MaxPermSize=512M
-XX:PermSize=128M
-Dfile.encoding=UTF-8
-Xms256m
-Xmx512m
--launcher.defaultAction
openFile

Steven_DSteven_D

Please note that removing the JDK7 might cause the current version of Eclipse (3.7.2) to stop working.

Reinstalling might also not be possible anymore, even if you replace it with JDK or JRE 6.

In my case, the Eclipse version offered by Salesforce.com ("Install as Standalone Application") also refused to install due to missing Java components.

Solution: download an older, standalone, version of Eclipse. For example, Eclipse Helios (which is the name of 3.6).

Link: http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/packages/release/helios/sr2

This version works fine with JDK 6 (I used jdk-6u26-windows-x64), including installing the Force.com plugin in the way that it is described in this link:

http://wiki.developerforce.com/page/Force.com_IDE_Installation_for_Eclipse_3.6

Extra tip; numbers of errors during the installation can be prevented by connecting directly to the internet instead of through proxy. Even if your IT admin is so kind to open up your proxy completely for you.

Kind regards,

Steven Danschutter

ddddavoddddavo

This problem is happening again with the latest (v24) version of the IDE on 64 bit jre7.

Changing the ini file didn't make any difference.

The IDE error log indicates:

• ClassCastException - Unable to create package manifest
  • ForceProjectExcpetion - Unable to finish project creation
  • Clearing the following cached metadata stubs eclipse.buildID = unknown java version 1.7.0...

Note, I have both the 32 and 64 bit JREs (v7) installed, and the 64 bit jdk (v1.7)

LHoLHo

I had the same problem. Removing jre7 worked for me! Thanks for posting this solution.

ddddavoddddavo

I actually had a bunch of JREs and JDKs, 32bit and 64bit.

Turns out, different apps need different things, so sometimes you can't just remove JRE7.

But what you CAN do is put together a simple batch file from which you launch the IDE.  In the batch file (windows), you simply set the JAVA and PATH variables uniquely to the places the IDE needs to go look -- essentially, hiding the rest of the Java versions from its view.

My .bat file lives in the same directory as the forceide application, and looks like this:

set PATH=.;c:\program files\java\jdk1.6\bin
     start /B forceide
     exit

dynamic_pradynamic_pra

Thanks

It also worked for me.. 

remove Java 7..

i.e. it proves, Force.IDE is not compatible with JDK 7.

Sangam RavindharSangam Ravindhar

Unistalling JRE 7 worked. seems like there is some issue with the JRE 7.

Thanks guys for your response

rpsfdcrpsfdc

It worked for me after i uninstalled JRE7 and installed JRE6. (moving around the lines in ini file did not help)

dndn

Like many of you I spent a lot of time dealing with the Java version issue. I'm sure lot more will do too, hence, this post. When I uninstalled Java 7 like many sugggest here, I could no longer use Java applets in my web browsers. Thus far the best solution I've found to address this issue, without having to install / uninstall different versions of Java, is to create a batch file like ddddava suggests and override the path of the version of Java (in this case, version 6) you need.

Hope this helps.

CaptainObviousCaptainObvious

I just ran into this issue. I have the following installed:

• Eclipse IDE for Java Developers (Helios Service Release 2)
  • Java SE Development Kit 7 Update 5 (64-bit)
  • Java(TM) 6 Update 21
  • Java(TM) 7 Update 5 (64-bit)

Updating the Force.com IDE to Winter '13 (26.0.0) fixed the problem without any additional tweaks.

Anant KamatAnant Kamat

Followed the below steps to get this issue resolved.

1. In the Installed JRE's set it to JRE6 instead of JRE7.

2. Uninstall JRE 7 and restart eclipse.

Thanks,

Anant

Philip FPhilip F

CaptainObvious' tip worked for me, too.  Upgrading to Winter '13 took care of my issue.

Cheers,

-Philip

Rakesh YRakesh Y

Thanks Sidharth. Your solution worked !!!

BreandánBreandán

Nice one this worked for me on Ubuntu...

SaramSaram

I experienced the same.

In order to solve that issue, I uninstall the jre v7, and installed jre v6. Now everything is working. :)

Donmac23Donmac23

Worked like a charm for me too. Thanks! My eclipse.ini file after the shuffle (Helios svc release 2):

-startup
plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.1.1.R36x_v20101122_1400.jar
--launcher.library
plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.win32.win32.x86_1.1.2.R36x_v20101222
-product
org.eclipse.epp.package.jee.product
--launcher.defaultAction
openFile
--launcher.XXMaxPermSize
256M
-showsplash
org.eclipse.platform
-vmargs
--launcher.XXMaxPermSize
512m
--launcher.XXPermSize
128M
-Xms40m
-Xmx512m
--launcher.defaultAction
openFile
-Dosgi.requiredJavaVersion=1.5

puneet-mishrapuneet-mishra

I have tried each and every trick mention here but no luck

and at last I uninstall jre 7  to jre 6, this is ridiculous.
not a nice solution

littleTigerlittleTiger

totally worked for me thanks! I used your exact eclipse.ini and restarted.

tonantetonante

I had the same problem running x86 with both jre7 and jre6 existing in the same directory.  I changed the name of jre7 folder forcing eclipse to see the jre6 folder only and then I reran Eclipse with Force.com IDE.  I also was able to access class, triggers, components and more which earlier I could not do because of that Sun casting exception error.  So it has to be something with jre7. I also put -clean as an argument for the eclipse.ini file to eliminate  heap space crashes too. These  two problems usually go hand in hand when I set up eclipse.  Note: When you see that there is an error trying to cast a salesforce Accessor to Sun Accessor you know it has to probably be something with JRE (or other Oracle/Sun component being Sun's relationship with Java and jre). That's my guess anyway.

SFDC_Learner wrote:

Hi,

==============

chandan__chandan__

Thanks!

Worked for me.

TeddyInSTLTeddyInSTL
I had the same problem. I created a project, installed force.com IDE, then tried fetch and save and got the error.
My fix was that I deleted my original project, created a new project with the IDE already installed and it worked.
DagAndersonDagAnderson

For those of you having difficulty finding the correct download (without trojans in it), go to the official oracle site.

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javasebusiness/downloads/java-archive-downloads-javase6-419409.html#jre-6u45-oth-JPR

You'll need to create a login but whatever.

rourou512rourou512

Thanks.

I've tried to change the ini file but not works for me.

Then i have to remove JDK1.7 and install JDK1.6. It really works though it seems not good.

anyway, thanks for help.

AbhayKantAbhayKant

It will integrate only if you will uninstall JRE 7 and restart eclipse again.
If you will just change env variable(i.e from JRE 7 to 6) in system and try to make it run then also it will no integrate properly.

Abhay
Nadim ShaikhNadim Shaikh
SOLUTION / Workaround

Switching the workspace back to the same workspace you had problem with solved it.

File -> Switch workspace -> [Select the same workspace you had problem with]

Not sure why it worked.. But it WORKED :)

Courtesy ( Best Solution on ) : http://salesforce.stackexchange.com/questions/649/unable-to-refresh-src-from-server-using-force-com-ide