function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
goabhigogoabhigo 

Issue with field update through time based WFR

Hi,

In contracts I have a custom field No of Visits. Based on this and contract period (in months) I will have to update a date field - next visit. So Next_Visit_Date__c will be ContractTerm/No_of_Visits__c months ahead of start date (for the first time). Once this date is over, I need to override the same field, this time Next_Visit_Date__c will be ContractTerm/No_of_Visits__c months ahead of previous Next_Visit_Date__c. I have created WFR on creation to fill the next visit date for the first time also have created time based workflow rule which creates a task to notify, as well as update the Next_Visit_date__c. Everything works fine!!

But the time based workflow doesn't fire again. I cannot use ISCHANGED() or PRIORVALUE() functions in Evaluation Criteria : When a record is created, or when a record is edited and did not previously meet the rule criteria.

I am thinking of creating a custom date field which will store the previous value of Next_Visit_Date__c and use that in the Rule criteria of time based workflow. Is there any better suggestion?

Please let me know.

goabhigogoabhigo

Just now found out that there is no role of rule criteria. I updated the record manually, and now I see that workflow queued up scheduled on next visit date !!!

Can anybody explain me what is happening?

AmitSahuAmitSahu

Can this update be done via a WF ? Try it..

chowdary marellachowdary marella

Hi . 

Need to send email before 1day,1hour,3hours. based on duedate__c . so i have created time based workflow  with rule criteria as Lead:duedate NOT equal to Null.

i am creating 3 dummy records to check giving before 1day,3hrs,1hr.

But surprise, iam getting 3 emails of 1hr,3hr,1day   to the email given in 1hour record.

but getting 1 email before 1 day. and 3hours which i expected..

is i need to go for schedular class??
suggest me