function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
srini_keshavsrini_keshav 

Auto Login into my Softphone

Hi All,

I am currently looking into auto login into my softphone as soon as a user logs into Salesforce. I am unable to get any leads on how to go about acheiving this. I can use the UserInfo Apex class to get hold of the user name/id but then what next. Is there anything like a listener that I need to configure within salesforce which would then invoke a call back method on my softphone side or would i need to use a SSO way of achieving this?

Any help/leads on this is appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Srini

Sonam_SFDCSonam_SFDC

Hey Srini,

I found this setting which I think is the one which should help in configuring your setup to autologin:

http://na4.salesforce.com/help/doc/en/cti_personalsettings.htm

Hope this helps!

srini_keshavsrini_keshav

Hi Sonam Raju,

Thanks for your response. I have tried doing it but doesn't work. Going by what's mentioned in the link - Select this option if you want Salesforce to use saved login information to automatically log you in to your SoftPhone.

Couple of queries here :

1. What does it mean by saved login information - is this information accessible to my softphone? If so, how?

2. How would salesforce communicate with my softphone? What if I have additional field(s) apart from the usual user name and password fields

Basically, my company owns the entire CTI softphone stack and  I have three fields, 1) user name 2) password and 3) Tenant/Enterprise and we have our authentication mechanism.

Is it possible for Salesforce to invoke my auth process by passing the required fields?

Thanks in advance,

Srini