function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
LouisoLouiso 

need help for new cti developer

I have been assign to take the project developing CTI adater to plug into Seimens HiPath. I do not realy know that how they are connect to each other. My supervicer told me to find out that how they connect to each other. Does anyone know that do i have to configure or set up any extra things? I have to demo the Adapter before building  the CTI adapter.  ( I can't find anything tall about extra set up beside customize the code. Am I right to claim that no need to set anything up)..  By the way, in the developer guide tells that I should use VS 2003. Is it neccesary to use the exactly versio?)

Best Regards,

Louis

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
*werewolf**werewolf*

The whole point of writing an adapter is that you are creating the connection between the telephone system and the CTI adapter.  All of the available commands and events are encapsulated in the class CCTIUserInterface; your job as an adapter developer is to hook those commands up to whatever system you're integrating to and to call events on that class as the system tells you to.

You should create an event sink however the vendor tells you to do, and make the vendor's events call the corresponding events in CCTIUserInterface.

All Answers

*werewolf**werewolf*

Is your intention to write this adapter for sale or to write it just for your own company's use?  If it's the latter I'd strongly recommend you check out Syntellect, who already offer a CTI adapter which I'm pretty sure supports Siemens HiPath.

LouisoLouiso

thank you so much for suggestion.  I have to develop for my company's customer who intended to use the Cloud. So I really want the solution. First of all, i would like to know version of Visual Studio mentioned in the Developer Guide. I can not find VS 2003. If I use VS2005 is it OK?  Then do i need extra sut up (eg. the hardware setup which plug into the system etc.)  

*werewolf**werewolf*

Actually VS2008 is recommended now.  Naturally, of course, if you want to integrate to a HiPath, then you'll want to have the HiPath on hand to test with, but you can also just download the Demo Adapter from the CTI Toolkit page and run it if you'd like to see how it works.

I will continue to strongly suggest that you contact Syntellect.  It's not easy to write a new adapter, and certainly not to Siemens.

LouisoLouiso

Thank you again werewolf....   VS2008 is find to use right?. So there will be no any compatibility problem right? Cause I will follow the guide as it said so. ( cause i'm new on CTI adapter development  - -"  ). and yes we might use the exsisting code provided by the other vender....( I think the supervicer will say so.)

LouisoLouiso

I would like to ask you again...   I tried to use the VS 2008 for learning how to customise the CTI Adapter as it said in the Developer guide. I found that there are many things difference between 2003 and 2008. So I think the Developer Guide can not be used for the VS 2008, Am I right?  How can I follow the guide when i do not have 2003 version... please......  i am waiting for your suggestion...

*werewolf**werewolf*

A best practice with VS2008 is not to create a new project, but rather to start with the Demo Adapter project (which should compile out of the box) and modify it to make your own adapter out of it.

LouisoLouiso

I would like to said that the only thing possible for me now is developing new adapter by using the toolkit code. I have a question from my supervicer. He asked me about the connection between the CTI connnecter and the CTI system. I have found that there is two way communicated between those. One is CTI system send the events to CTI connecter and CTI connecter send the masages to CTI system. but though these architecture, the developer guide doesn't provide any idea of how they are communicated, and what are required for performing that communication.

In my understanding, I should use only  the CTI system event parameters to create the event sink right? (so I've already had the CTI system SDK developer guide in hand is enough)  Then, when the system is built, the user just login. So the adapter will automatically register the CTI system link to the CTI connecter. Am I right?

but somehow, I think there should be some class that contain method for connention. or just install the sdk made it to be a library for calling the parameters right?   

Is there anything I missed. please advice..

*werewolf**werewolf*

The whole point of writing an adapter is that you are creating the connection between the telephone system and the CTI adapter.  All of the available commands and events are encapsulated in the class CCTIUserInterface; your job as an adapter developer is to hook those commands up to whatever system you're integrating to and to call events on that class as the system tells you to.

You should create an event sink however the vendor tells you to do, and make the vendor's events call the corresponding events in CCTIUserInterface.

This was selected as the best answer
Chris WoodwardChris Woodward
Hi, Louiso!

Have you checked 3rd party apps in the AppExchange? If you haven't, I recommend that you check Tenfold, a CTI that can integrate Salesforce with Siemens HiPath.

Tenfold's features include click-to-dial that gets rid of misdialling of phone numbers, automatic call logging that eliminates useless clicks, a caller ID (screen pop) that shows relevant customer information, and a call analytics dashboard that you can use for gamification of call activities.

To learn more about the Salesforce-Siemens HiPath integration via Tenfold, check this link:
https://www.tenfold.com/integrations/salesforce/siemens