function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ThimoThimo 

Disable whole contact

Hi, could you please tell me, how to disable a single contact completly without deleting and e.g. not showing the emailadress and telefon number? (Enabling of the contact should only be able for the admins) Thanks!
Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
abhishektandon2abhishektandon2

Create two page loaut (1 has thses 2 fields and other one does not)

Create 2 record type add each to one of the pagelout

By default the record type of the record is normal one (means Pagelayout which is having these 2 field is visible)

On clicking on the custom button, chnage the recor type, so the the new pagelout does not have these 2 field

All Answers

Navatar_DbSupNavatar_DbSup

Hi,

You can do one thing that you can make these two fields i.e. email, contact number field hidden for all users Profile accepts Admin. You have to set the field accessibility by login as Admin. Click on Your Name -> SetUp ->Administration Setup -> Security Controls -> Field Accessibility.

ThimoThimo
Hi, thanks, but this is not solving my problem. I want a small button for admins, that disables a contact e.g. of an account by clicking the button. Is there any way? Merci again

Create two page loaut (1 has thses 2 fields and other one does not)

Create 2 record type add each to one of the pagelout

By default the record type of the record is normal one (means Pagelayout which is having these 2 field is visible)

On clicking on the custom button, chnage the recor type, so the the new pagelout does not have these 2 field

This was selected as the best answer
ThimoThimo
Hi, ok, thanks, so was my idea. I thougth there was a different way. Merci!

HI Please mark this as Soved, if it solved your issue