function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
admintrmpadmintrmp 

Developer Console messed up - anyone having issues?

I'm having issues with the developer console messing up. Totally unusable at the moment.

Perspective seems to mess up, and the perspective menu does not appear so I can't change them. I can't view any debug logs without having to go through the setup menu.

Been like this since yesterday. I'm on NA7.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Rakesh BoddepalliRakesh Boddepalli

Try changing the browser, Use chrome 24 or Firefox 16 or 17 , looks like there are some problems with Firefox 18.

All Answers

Rakesh BoddepalliRakesh Boddepalli

Try changing the browser, Use chrome 24 or Firefox 16 or 17 , looks like there are some problems with Firefox 18.

This was selected as the best answer
admintrmpadmintrmp
You are probably right actually. It has been working in Chrome fine. I am using Firefox 18. I hope we see a fix for this soon.

Thanks.
Emilio BEmilio B

Mine too. Opens fine at first, but as soon as I double click on any of the logs to open them, I get blank upper and lower areas of the console and no buttons anywhere except the very top bar.

Chrome  25.0.1364.152 m on Win7 64 bit w/ latest JVM from Oracle installed (just in case there's servlets in there??).

(cleared all caches 'until beginning of time' then restarted and still problem)

Unfortunately, I am knee deep in some javascript that requires Chrome right now, so I probably need to figure out a combo of Firefox and Chrome concurrently.  Arrrrgh....

I really hope this is user error. If there are any Chrome v25 Win7 users out there, let me know so I can rule out Force.com issues.

admintrmpadmintrmp
Hi Emilio B,

I've also been experiencing this issue in Chrome. I think the problem is, is that Google and Mozilla update their browsers so often, it's probably very difficult for Salesforce to keep up with them.

The work-around would be to use the debug logs under Administration Setup | Monitoring. But this isn't nearly as useful as the developer console.
Emilio BEmilio B

There is another way...at least in DE/Test orgs. Not sure if works elsewhere.

I just use Chrome for the visualforce / force.com navigation and open 2nd browser (Firefox; same login) and view Apex logs in the console from there. Works like a charm. Everyone's happy :-)

E

Thomas DvornikThomas Dvornik
Here is more information on the issue from the product owner, in case any of you were curious what is going on. We are still working on it.

http://salesforce.stackexchange.com/questions/9131/developer-console-issues-in-chrome-spring-13