function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Mark RobertsMark Roberts 

Merge notes with tasks/events?

Hello,

I want to create a journal against the contact to show all emails/notes/tasks/events in one chronological view. This will give the sales guys the ability to see a full, ordered history of their interaction with the contact

At the moment, notes/attachments are in a seperate section.

Is there some way to add a "New Note" button to the Activity History window to add notes into this view?

Thanks,

Mark.

b-Forceb-Force

It looks you need to move with custom visual force approach,

We can build chronological  view as per requirement.

Thanks,

bForce

dev_firedev_fire

Hi Mark,

This is achievable by developing a VF page. You will then have to create a custom List button & add it to Activity related list by editing pagelayout related list section.

1. Create a VF & Apex class.
  2.  You can create a button on the related list.

• First of all the create list button in the object on which related list you want to display the button[Select VF page]
    •  After creating the list button add the list button in related list and the page layout by following the below steps
    • Edit the page layout of the object where you want to display the button
    • Go to the object related list ->click on the related list properties button ->click on the plus (+) of the buttons section add the custom button and click on save button

If my solution worked for you mark it as resolved.

Thanks.

Mark RobertsMark Roberts

Hi,

Apologies if this is a dumb question, but can I still do this with without having to create new entities/relationships in my schema?

Or are you saying that I need a new entity to cover all the things I'd like to journal (Notes, Calls, Emails specifically)

Sorry, but this is all a bit new to me :)

Regards,

Mark.

dev_firedev_fire

Hi Mark,

No changes are required on Schema. You will just have to develop a VF page & link it to a custom link button on activity & add the button to pagelayout.

If you still have doubts, mail me at - tony.johny777@gmail.com

If my solution worked for you mark it as resolved.

Thanks.

Mark RobertsMark Roberts

Thanks,

Could you be any more specific when you say "develop a VF page"

I've been looking at the VF tags for marking up /apex/custom pages, and can see how one would create simple pages to list/edit standard entities.

I think what I am asking for is some sort of merge of the Activity History and the Notes/Attachments sections using the date of the Tasks/Notes as the common ordering.

I cannot see how one would even begin to do this using the VF tags.

If you have any suggestions or examples, I would be most grateful!

Thanks,

Mark.

dev_firedev_fire

Hi Mark,

Sorry for the delay in response, I was on vacation.

Sorry!! I got your requirement wrong.What you are asking is not achievable by standard SFDC.