function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
RichardC.ax220RichardC.ax220 

How to access and update CampaignMemberStatus via Java API?

We want to add new campaign member status records to the CampaignMemberStatus object in Developer Edition from a Java program. However, when we try to create the records, we get "sObject type 'CampaignMemberStatus' is not supported...". Also, describeGlobal does not return CampaignMemberStatus in the list of supported objects. However, we see it in the schema from Eclipse and Apex Explorer. We can also add new campaign member status records from the UI, and verify them in Apex Explorer and Eclipse. How can we make CampaignMemberStatus visible and updateable to the Java API?
mshelmanmshelman
What is the version of the wsdl you are using?
RichardC.ax220RichardC.ax220
We are using version 12 of the WSDL. We found that SoapBindingStub.java was generated in 2005, so we regenerated the source files using the latest WSDL. However, we still see the problem. I can update the CampaignMemberStatus object from Eclipse, which I believe uses the Java API. What are we missing here?
ActevaRSVPActevaRSVP
"In apex-api pdf I found that "CampaignMemberStatus" object is defined only for those organizations that have the marketing feature and valid marketing licenses. In addition,
the object is accessible only to those users that are enabled as marketing users. If the organization does not have the marketing
feature or valid marketing licenses, this object does not appear in the describeGlobal call, and you cannot use describeSObjects
or query with the CampaignMember object."
We have a developer account.
Is this the reason that I am not able to see the "CampaignMemberStatus" in the describeGlobalCall?