function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
justin_sjustin_s 

Error: Unable to create/update fields

Hi Guys,

I ran into problem when creating Case object with customer field values. When ever I created a Case and setting the customer field Address__c (i.e String type) I got the Error as:

Error: Unable to create/update fields: Address__c. Please check the security settings of this field and verify that it is read/write for your profile.

The same thing happen with my other customer field value  Property_No__c

What did I do wrong? Why can't these field values be set? What the restriction(s) on Case fields ?

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
justin_sjustin_s

Thanks CVSG.

I found out that the address fields are populated from formular and all the fields are NOT writable from API.

All Answers

cvsgcvsg

The security profile you are using doesn't have permissions to update the address field.You can edit the field level security for a profile from setup->administration setup->profiles.

Hope this helps!

cvsg.

justin_sjustin_s

Thanks CVSG.

I found out that the address fields are populated from formular and all the fields are NOT writable from API.

This was selected as the best answer
GalaxyGalaxy

Im getting this error

Unable to create/update fields: Contact__c. Please check the security settings of this field and verify that it is read/write for your profile or permission set.

localhost.StatusCode.INVALID_FIELD_FOR_INSERT_UPDATE

Please help.

ManojKumar MuthuManojKumar Muthu
I too facing the same issue, in case "ContactEmail" field is readly only, we I try to update this field via API, I am getting the below Error,

[{"message":"Unable to create/update fields: ContactEmail. Please check the security settings of this field and verify that it is read/write for your profile or permission set.","errorCode":"INVALID_FIELD_FOR_INSERT_UPDATE","fields":["ContactEmail"]}]
Tristan Rhodes 6Tristan Rhodes 6
I'm getting the same issue, but this is for a custom Account field, and i'm only getting the issue on the person account record types (ispersonaccount=true).
It seems that thereI've tried updating the field using flow and data loader, to no avail, however, a PB record update works fine, but of course that will only trigger on create/edit so i can't find a way of mass updating records except for manually editting every field in SF.