function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Aneesha K SAneesha K S 

V

Hi,

I have a button in Account Object which has a VF page as the content source. In the VF page I only have one action to call a function in the controller.

So on clicking the button, the function in the controller runs and a new custom object record edit page opens with some values as assigned by the controller.

The problem now is that these values are not getting preset when the record edit page shows up. I tried putting some debug statements in the controller and made sure the values are getting preset as expected. But somehow the values are getting changes when the record edit page opens. I am confused here, this functionality was working fine for over a year now and this problem popped up only last week.

I have checked the logs and looked for any possible triggers that is doing this changes. Strangely the values are getting preset and stays that way till the end of the controller fn execution in the first log and right in the beginning of the next log that is in the beginning of the trigger the values change. I cannot  find any other trigger/WF running since nothing is showing up in the log.

Am I missing something? Should I be looking for something more? Please help.

Thanks.!