function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
sfdctrrsfdctrr 

Is RecordId's are unique across all organizations/Customers

Hi,

Is RecordId's are unique across all organizations/Customers.

For e.g. 3 orgnizations hava taken  SF licences and is there any chance that record Id created in organization  can be repeated  across any of the other organizations. Like i have created a record in Account and record id is '001A0000006Vm9u' is this id can be repeated any of the organizations except sandbox? 

Thanks in advance any help appreciated.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
sfdcfoxsfdcfox

To clarify a bit, in case you're still wondering, every record in "production" (any organization that uses login.salesforce.com to login) is guaranteed to have a unique ID value that will never be duplicated in any other organization. "Sandbox" organizations will also have ID values guaranteed to be unique for records that created in Sandbox. I believe that there is also only a single full copy sandbox allowed per organization, so all cloned ID values should also be unique.

All Answers

Navatar_DbSupNavatar_DbSup

Hi,
Every record in SFDC is automatically assigned a unique ID, the Record ID is unique across all SFDC.orgs You can access the Record ID by doing an Export using the Data Loader, a Report, or the Eclipse Force.com IDE

sfdcfoxsfdcfox

To clarify a bit, in case you're still wondering, every record in "production" (any organization that uses login.salesforce.com to login) is guaranteed to have a unique ID value that will never be duplicated in any other organization. "Sandbox" organizations will also have ID values guaranteed to be unique for records that created in Sandbox. I believe that there is also only a single full copy sandbox allowed per organization, so all cloned ID values should also be unique.

This was selected as the best answer