function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
lodoss1118lodoss1118 

Java datetime to SFDC datetime field need help

Hi guys i can't seem to get the hours and minutes to show in a datetime field in SFDC coming from an update from a java client app

SimpleDateFormat timeStamp = new SimpleDateFormat("yyyy-MM-dd\'T\'HH:mm:ss");
        try {
            runRequest.setValue("Requested_Date__c", timeStamp.parse(timeStamp.format(new Date())));
        } catch (ParseException e) {
            System.out.println("Requested_Date__c Error : " + e.getCause());
        }

it updates the date time field but it never shows the hhmmss??

gsmithfarmergsmithfarmer

Your SimpleDateFormat is a bit wrong.

private static SimpleDateFormat sfdcDateTimeParser = new SimpleDateFormat("yyyy-MM-dd'T'hh:mm:ss.SSS'Z'");

lodoss1118lodoss1118

ok i changed the format but it is still not showing the hours and seconds it is always 0:00

I am not sure if this is right?

SimpleDateFormat timeStamp = new SimpleDateFormat("yyyy-MM-dd'T'hh:mm:ss.SSS'Z'");
timeStamp.setTimeZone(TimeZone.getTimeZone("GMT"));

runRequest.setValue("Requested_Date__c", timeStamp.parse(timeStamp.format(new Date())));

tompkinrtompkinr

Your best bet is to use joda time.

http://joda-time.sourceforge.net/

Date/Datetime libraries in Java are fairly week and inconsistent, especially when dealing with multiple timezones and proper conversion of data. Jodatime fixes almost all of the issues I have with the standard java libraries and joda ins in consideration to be the standard date/datime libraries for the next version of Java.