function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Sriram.sSriram.s 

Consuming the enterprise.wsdl from Asp.net

I download the enterprise.wsdl from Salesforce and tried connecting to the SalesForce.com API, I was able to sucessfuly do it, but for that i need to provide the salesforce username and password with the secret token,) 

Is it possbile to call the login method with just the secret token,  without passing the sales force user and password. 

Thanks,

Sriram

SuperfellSuperfell

No it is not. If you use the oauth flow, then you can be left with a refresh token that can be used to generate new sessions, but that requires an inital username & password as well.

Sriram.sSriram.s

Hi, 

Thank for you reply so it is confirmed, that it is not possible to make any API calls with SalesForce.com without using the username / password with security token.

I have another question, wheneven i download the enterprise.wsdl, i consume it, i was able to access all the modules in the SalesForce.com,  Is it possible to restrict the modules that gets exposed when we download the .wsdl, and consumed by third party apps. (Example), When i download the .wsdl i would like to expose only the "Accounts", "Contacts" modules and not other modules like  "products", "Opportunities""forecast" etc.... Is it possible to have this restriction in place?

Thanks in advance for all the support

Sriram.sSriram.s

Hi,

I recently got a link which says "Create an Integration User" who can be soley used for "API Only", 

http://developer.force.com/cookbook/recipe/setting-up-your-salesforce-com-web-services-api-applications

Which means i can use that user's credentials for passing to the API login method, if that is right, what would be secret key that i pass to the API along with password? 

Thanks,

_Prasu__Prasu_

Right, Accessible things can be configured by editing the profile of the user whos credentials you are using while login call.