function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
nikkeynikkey 

Can we change standard Date format in to Salesforce and create custom field from page layou

Hi  folks ,

Can anyone help me in this question ???

How can we change standard Date format in to Salesforce and Local? 

How we can create custom field from page layout?

Thanks in Advance

Deepak Kumar ShyoranDeepak Kumar Shyoran

Hi Nikkey,

1:- If you want to change the Standard Date format then you need to rise a case in salesforce and then might change the format. For more details please visit it may be helpful to you https://help.salesforce.com/apex/HTViewHelpDoc?id=admin_supported_locales.htm&language=en_US

2:- Page Layout are use to show the field (created earlier ) not to create new fields.

You can create new field using Metadata API or from object page.

If this post helps you then hit kudus by clicking on star and accept my post as a solution to your question.

Satish_SFDCSatish_SFDC
Hi,
Yes Deepak is right. But instead of contacting salesforce support, you can go into the user settings page and then change the locale yourself.

Regards,
Satish Kumar
cooldamselcooldamsel

Hi Nikkey,

1.To change Date Format -- Go to Setup >> My Personal Information >> Personal Information ----- Change the local settings

2. Custom Field from Page Layout -- Page Layouts are used to diaplay fields. It shows how the page looks for the user. So here we cannot create fields directly rather we can create custom fields for objects and add it to the layout.