function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ScarScar 

Add Homepage component on sidebar

Hi!

i've created a home page component that i want to be shown on the sidebar.  i've added it to the home page layout and

thing is , i'm able to see the component  when i go to my home page, but i'm ot able to see it on the collapsible sidebar.

How can i  view the component without checking Show Custom Sidebar Components on All Pages on User interface?

is it possible?

Any help will be much appreciated.

thanks

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Ashish_SFDCAshish_SFDC

Hi Scar, 

See this: 

If you have custom home page layouts that include components in the sidebar, this option makes the sidebar components available on all pages for all users in your organization. If you only want certain users to view sidebar components on all pages, grant those user the “Show Custom Sidebar On All Pages” permission.

Note:
If the Show Custom Sidebar Components on All Pages user interface setting is selected, the “Show Custom Sidebar On All Pages” permission is not available.

https://help.salesforce.com/htviewhelpdoc?err=1&id=customize_ui_settings.htm&siteLang=en_US

Regards,

Ashish

All Answers

Ashish_SFDCAshish_SFDC

Hi Scar,

What is the Component that you are trying to add - URL ?

Regards,
Ashish

ScarScar
no! HTML
Ashish_SFDCAshish_SFDC

Hi Scar,

Have you added your component to the Narrow Side bar  ?

If you have added the Component to the Wide right Bar it will appear even if the Side Bar is Collapsed. 

Did not quite understand -"Not able to see it on the collapsible sidebar".

Show Custom Sidebar Components on All Pages:

If you have custom home page layouts that include components in the sidebar, this option makes the sidebar components available on all pages for all users in your organization. If you only want certain users to view sidebar components on all pages, grant those user the “Show Custom Sidebar On All Pages” permission.

Note:
If the Show Custom Sidebar Components on All Pages user interface setting is selected, the “Show Custom Sidebar On All Pages” permission is not available.

https://help.salesforce.com/htviewhelpdoc?err=1&id=customize_ui_settings.htm&siteLang=en_US

Regards,
Ashish

ScarScar
Yes.Actually, i added the component to the narrow side bar.

I'm able to see my component on the home page layout., but it's not visible on the sidebar.
To make it visible, i had to check show Custom Sidebar Components on All Pages.
Ashish_SFDCAshish_SFDC

Hi Scar, 

Yes, we have to check that in the UI Setup to add the component. 

Regards,

Ashish

ScarScar

Hi Ashish! :)

So, is there a way to add a component to a sidebar without cheking the checkbox show Custom Sidebar Components on All Pages ?

Ashish_SFDCAshish_SFDC

Hi Scar, 

Yes, You are right. 

Regards,

Ashish

ScarScar
so there's no way i can add a component to a sidebar without checking that particular checkbox?
Ashish_SFDCAshish_SFDC

Hi Scar, 

See this: 

Note:

Regards,

Ashish

This was selected as the best answer
ScarScar
Ok ! thanks
:)
ScarScar

Ok! thanks :)