function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
TaruniTaruni 

Tracking previous field value for which history tracking is not enabled.

Hi,

Is there a way to track the previous value of the Opportunity field even though field history tracking is not enabled for that field?

Eg: The Oppty field "Explanation" is having previous values as "XYZ" and if it is changed to "ABC".

Can we get the XYZ by any chance for this Oppty?

AroraAnupAroraAnup

Hi Taruni,

Here is a workaround (without using History Tracking) that I think should work for you in this scenario.

1. You can create a custom field (Text) called Explanation Prior Value (or anything that you want to name it)

2. Create a workflow rule on Opportunity with the criteria that the "Explanation" field has been changed from XYZ to ABC i.e. use the ISCHANGED function

3. Add a field update as the workflow action to copy the PRIORVALUE of the Explanation field into the new custom field ( Explanation Prior Value) that you created in Step 1

This way you will be able to monitor the Explanation field for changes and can capture its PRIORVALUE into your custom field. 

Let me know if this helps!

TaruniTaruni

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I have already made the changes to the field i.e. changed from XYZ to ABC in developer edition and I am not sure what was my previous value.

I just want to track it now.

Is this possible?

Rocks_SFDCRocks_SFDC

Hi Taruni,

Please find the below link which will have trigger to to get the Field History Tracking.

http://www.infallibletechie.com/2013_09_01_archive.html

Thanks,

Anil