function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
LuvaraLuvara 

Mail merge only certain Opportunity Product Line Items

Is it possible to only mail merge certain opportunity product line items? For instance I only want the mail merge doc to include line items from a single product family.

Has anyone done something like this?

Thanks,

Chris

foghornfoghorn

So you have line items on an opportunity that span multiple product families and you want to apply a custom filter to the generated result doc?

There is no way to do this using the standard clientside mail merge component BUT you could write your own custom datasource component using the clientside mail merge plugin system....

LuvaraLuvara
I'm trying to break up certain product family line items in different places of my document. For instance, we have an order form that lists all products - no matter what the product family - hosted products, training, implementation. We have a seperate SOW that will list just the training and implementation, instead of merging in the hosted products on the SOW too, I'd like just the training and implementation products to show up in the merged SOW.

What I'm gathering is that I can't accomplish this even with the "SKIPIF" function in the mail merge template.

Thanks,

Chris

5th Wheel Steve5th Wheel Steve

Am curious as to whether or not you ever resolved this.

As an SMB with a very slow hosted email solution Extended Mail Merge does not appear to be a reasonable solution.

StormConsultingStormConsulting
I have also got the same problem.
LuvaraLuvara
Sorry guys, I never did figure this out...

Chris

dawnzdydawnzdy

I just tried SKIPIF, and it worked.

{SKIPIF MERGEFIELD OPPORTUNITY_LINEITEM_FIELDA = 0 \* MERGEFORMAT}

This would only display line items with fieldA != 0,  didn't figure out how to display FieldB based on the value of FieldA yet.

Let me know if any find better solution.

Thanks,

Dawn

LuvaraLuvara

Any chance you could post the document you got to work? Here was what I was using with no luck..

Thanks,

Chris

dawnzdydawnzdy

I noticed one difference is you have { right after skipIF, and also you should have { between two fields.

My case would only work for filter on one field, so what I have in the previous post is all I used in the doc.

If you want to hide the whole line if certain criteria meet, would need to do more trial about the format.

Hope you can find solution soon.

Thanks,

Dawn