function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
AviAAviA 

Home Page Component - JS

Helo All,

I would like to know if there's way to load Home Page Components in the Standard Console Tab's sidebar?

As far as we know, the console tab's side bar display only the 'Recent Items' & 'Recycle' standard components.

Basically, we have some HTML Home Page Component (Narrow) that run in every salesforce pages - BUT for pages such as the console we're not able to generate the JS file / HTML code in the component as SF not loading it.

As far as I know in the Service Console Tab it's a bit different situation as we can develop specific custom home page component, but our questions refers to the regular console tab.

Thanks in advance,

RoyGiladRoyGilad
Hi AviA,
Try adding to your component at the beginning (right after the page annotation) :

<apex:includeScript value="/support/console/26.0/integration.js"/>

It helps JS run on the console view, I'm not sure it will apply to the side bar, but could not hurt trying :) .

Raj.ax1558Raj.ax1558

Hi Avia,

You can create Narrow and wide both JS component.

setup -> customize -> home - Home page component. 

Select HTML component, then Check the box (Show html) & also select Narrow option(Check box) then write you JS code in a editor. 

save this component. 

Add this component from a page layout. 

This link might be help you -

http://salesforcedesk.blogspot.in/2013/04/execute-java-script-on-every-screen-of.html

If you satisfied with this answer, Please Like (kudos) this comment and marked as solution for others users help in a same query.

Thank You, 

Raj Jha

AviAAviA

Hi Guys,

i know what can be done with the home page component, please read my question that refer to the Standard Console Tab... (Not Service Cloud Console)...

Thanks in advance,

May the Vforce be with youMay the Vforce be with you

Did you find a solution.. I have the same issue.

Mohsin RazaMohsin Raza

Hi

Has anyone been able to find a solution to this?

Mohsin