function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Jeff TalbotJeff Talbot 

Analytic Snapshots with summary reports

For an Analytic Snapshot source report, I tried to use a summary report that shows a count of Contacts by Rating (Cold, Warm, Hot). The report is summarized on Rating, showing Contact record count totals in each grouping.

I'm not understanding how I can get the count of Contacts from each report grouping to map to a unique number field in the target object. Logically thinking, there's no way to know how many fields are needed in the target object because the number (or names) of groupings in the report could change-- from the addition and deletion of data, or from addition or deletion of picklist values.

To get my desired results (in bold above), do I need to run three separate reports (Cold, Warm, Hot) with three separate analytic snapshots, mapping each report's grand summary total to a single field in the target object?

If that's the case, I'm not understanding the use-case for choosing a summary report with grouping level 1 as the source report for an analytic snapshot. If I can't dump the recordcount/sum/avg/max/min for each group into separate fields in the target object, then why would I use grouping level 1? Help me get out of this fog please!

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
APathakAPathak

Hi,

In your case, you need to create one custom object for storing the analytic snapshot data. That object should have these basic fields - Rating(picklist or text),Contact Count(Number).

Now in analytic snapshot click edit -> then in that choose grouping level : Rating.

Then map the Record count to Contact Count field. Map Rating to Rating.

All Answers

APathakAPathak

Hi,

In your case, you need to create one custom object for storing the analytic snapshot data. That object should have these basic fields - Rating(picklist or text),Contact Count(Number).

Now in analytic snapshot click edit -> then in that choose grouping level : Rating.

Then map the Record count to Contact Count field. Map Rating to Rating.

This was selected as the best answer
Jeff TalbotJeff Talbot

Perfect. Thank you so much! Salesforce needs this example in their documentation.