function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Jill HedbergJill Hedberg 

Select multiple values from a lookup field

Hi,

I know it is not possible to select multiple values from a lookup fields, but there must be a way to make this possible anyway.

On each contract we want to be able to specify all products that are included in that specific contact.

First I created a lookup field that relates to the products in the pricebook. That worked, but then I realized that we needed to select multiple values, so I created a mullti select picklist instead. The problem then is that we update and add products every now and then, and every time I would then need to remember to update the picklist with the correct/new values. This is not the ultimate way to do it, since it includes a lot of manual work. I am sure there must be a smart way to do this. Just not able to figure it out myself :) 

Could you please help me figure out a good way?

Thanks!

Suresh RaghuramSuresh Raghuram

how many products will you include for each 3 or 4 then create those many lookup fields.

IF the above said does not solve your problem then you can do as follows.

create a visual force page section on the standard object page layout and add the visualforce page with dynamic picklist values.

just for an idea to build the visual force page. follow the link below. you need to modify it for meeting your requirements.

http://hisrinu.wordpress.com/2011/05/30/custom-multi-select-picklist-field-in-visualforce/

if this answers your question make this as a solution and dont forget to give kudos please.