function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
schow12schow12 

force.com IDE upgrade error

I'm new to salesforce and the IDE.  I installed the IDE sucessfully.  (Windows Installer (32-bit))   After I launch the IDE, I attempted to upgrade.  (Eclipse Platform and SDK 3.5.2,  Force.com IDE 24.0.0)

After the upgrade, I'm not able to launch.  .metadata\.log shows the following:

!SESSION 2012-04-18 11:40:47.652 -----------------------------------------------
eclipse.buildId=unknown
java.version=1.6.0_31
java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=en_US
Command-line arguments: -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2012-04-18 11:40:57.979
!MESSAGE Application error
!STACK 1
java.lang.RuntimeException: Application "" could not be found in the registry. The applications available are: com.genuitec.pulse2.client.installer.ui.application, com.genuitec.pulse2.client.launcher.ui.application, org.eclipse.equinox.p2.artifact.optimizers.jardeltaoptimizer, org.eclipse.equinox.p2.artifact.optimizers.pack200optimizer, org.eclipse.equinox.p2.artifact.optimizers.jbdiffoptimizer, org.eclipse.equinox.p2.artifact.repository.mirrorApplication, org.eclipse.equinox.p2.garbagecollector.application, org.eclipse.equinox.p2.metadata.generator.EclipseGenerator, org.eclipse.equinox.p2.metadata.repository.mirrorApplication, org.eclipse.equinox.p2.publisher.InstallPublisher, org.eclipse.equinox.p2.publisher.ProductPublisher, org.eclipse.equinox.p2.publisher.FeaturesAndBundlesPublisher, org.eclipse.equinox.p2.reconciler.application, org.eclipse.equinox.p2.repository.repo2runnable, org.eclipse.equinox.p2.ui.admin.rcp.application, org.eclipse.equinox.p2.updatesite.UpdateSitePublisher, org.eclipse.equinox.p2.publisher.UpdateSitePublisher, org.eclipse.equinox.p2.publisher.CategoryPublisher, org.eclipse.update.core.standaloneUpdate, org.eclipse.update.core.siteOptimizer, org.eclipse.ant.core.antRunner, org.eclipse.ant.ui.antRunner, org.eclipse.equinox.app.error, org.eclipse.equinox.p2.director.app.application, org.eclipse.equinox.p2.director, org.eclipse.help.base.infocenterApplication, org.eclipse.help.base.helpApplication, org.eclipse.help.base.indexTool, org.eclipse.jdt.apt.core.aptBuild, org.eclipse.jdt.core.JavaCodeFormatter, org.eclipse.ui.ide.workbench.
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppContainer.startDefaultApp(EclipseAppContainer.java:242)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.MainApplicationLauncher.run(MainApplicationLauncher.java:29)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:368)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:559)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:514)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1311)

How do I fix this?  Any help is appreciated.

Shirley

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Niket SFNiket SF

Hi Shirley,

Try to use eclipse and add the salesforce plugins to it. This willl be easy :)..  Force.com ide is same but having some issues with windows 7 (32 bit and 64 bit)

Thanks 

Nik's

All Answers

Niket SFNiket SF

Hi Shirley,

Try to use eclipse and add the salesforce plugins to it. This willl be easy :)..  Force.com ide is same but having some issues with windows 7 (32 bit and 64 bit)

Thanks 

Nik's

This was selected as the best answer
schow12schow12

I happened to installed eclipse indigo (3.7).  To be sure it'll work, I downloaded 3.6, following the install plug-in instructions and went very smoothly.  thank you for the assistance.