function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
a9.zhanga9.zhang 

Where I can disable the setup button

We are trying to restrict super user account (not system admin) profile's ability to see and use Setup button to perform any system admin functions. But I am not able to find where it is. Can anyone guide or point me to the right direction? Thanks, Andrew

PrabhaPrabha

u need to go to the profile and find "View Setup and Configuration" and uncheck it.

HTH

Prabhan

a9.zhanga9.zhang
Thank you very much!
AuyonAuyon

Well,  Or you could have a Permission Set to restrict this as this they are linked to user it would give you better control and all the users belonging to the profile would not necessarily have to share the same restriction. 

However, that would completely depend on your org and user setup. Just wanted to highlight an options.

Regards

Auyon

a9.zhanga9.zhang
Very good point, Thank you!

Andrew (Zhibin) Zhang
Global Commerical IT
Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation
One Health Plaza, East Hanover, NJ 07936-1080, USA

Phone +1 862 7782583
Cell +1 917 5172650
andrew.zhang@novartis.com
Ashish_SFDCAshish_SFDC

Hi , 

Its usually a best practice to have another profile called delegated Admin for such similar set of circumstances, while configuring the profile which can be a clone of the original System Admin profile you can restrict manually by unchecking from the options available. 

Also, see teh link below.

http://setupforce.wordpress.com/2011/03/19/delegating-user-management-in-salesforce-com/

Regards,

Ashish

AuyonAuyon

I would agree with Ashish too. What I mean is, it would largely depend on how you would like to setup and manage your user security.

If you would like to strict a whole group creating a seperate profile with specific access would make more sense. If you would like to delegate user rights from one user to other from time to time in a smaller group a delegated user management where you can select and add the users that are to be given the delegated administration permission should be the one to choose And if you have already have a profile group and would like to selectively give or restrict special permissions at a user level a permission set would be better implementation.

All these are best practises and not just in Salesforce I can tell you that and they are different ways of doing same thin. So, I would completely depend on how you would like to manage and the one which would best suit your setup.