function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Jonas S.Jonas S. 

Move orders

Currently we need to enter our orders twice, both in SalesForce and in our own order system. I would like to make it possible to only enter the order once in SalesForce. Then it should be transfered to our system and the there the seller only needs to say if it's ok or not.
But for this top work I need to have the order transfered as soon as the seller has entered it in SalesForce and I'm having problems finding a way for this. Is this possible or do I have to wait and then poll by for instance issuing a getUpdated-call?
adamgadamg
Your best bet is to poll (its not that hard!) every ~5 minutes, or longer, as needed. If you need the info sooner, you could send your app an email..
Jonas S.Jonas S.
I actually wrote a small back-up script earlier so polling is not that hard. However, I think it can be hard to get a seller to accept that he has to wait ~5 minutes to ok the order in aur local system since we currently need som additional information that I can't get thru the API. The it's faster if he write the order twice.
Then we have the issue that I don't know when an order will go thru so I need to poll each 5 minutes 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year...
So the email approach might be better, I'll have to look into that.