function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
jaysunjaysun 

calling web service from partner and enterprise wsdl

Friends,

I created a web service in apex class.

Will this method be availble in both partner and enterprise wsdl?

I have downloaded both wsdl. I can not find either the method name ( webservice) or class ( global) when I integrated to .Net.

However, other methods like .. create, upsert , query are available & I can use them.

How can I restrict web service method to partner / enterprise wsdl?

what method is preferred / required for partner wsdl user to loginto salesforce?

I am using .Net for integration.

any thoughts will be helpful

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
jaysunjaysun

Simon,

Thank you for clarification

I do not have .net code rightnow...I can paste that tomorrow.

Is there any knowledge article or documentation that clarifies when to use Apex Class WSDL, Partnet WSDL and Enterprise?

Will appreciate your help.

Jaysun

All Answers

SuperfellSuperfell

If you create an apex web services, then each service gets its own wsdl (which you can download from the apex classes page in setup), they are not mixed into the standard API's WSDLs.

jaysunjaysun

Simon

thanks for reply. I have that wsdl downloaded for the apex class that I created.

How can we log into salesforce with just apex class wsdl? what API to be used?

when I try to use webservice class.... session id not valid...error is throws. I used enterprise wsdl to get session header and used that session ID for apex wsdl, which failed.

Any thoughts, please?

JaySun

SuperfellSuperfell

There are many ways you can get a sessionid, including using login from the enterprise or partner APIs, using one of the OAuth flows, or using a weblink merge field, depends on exactly what your use case is.

Calling login from the enterprise API and then using that sessionId with the apex WSDL should work fine, perhaps you can post your code.

jaysunjaysun

Simon,

Thank you for clarification

I do not have .net code rightnow...I can paste that tomorrow.

Is there any knowledge article or documentation that clarifies when to use Apex Class WSDL, Partnet WSDL and Enterprise?

Will appreciate your help.

Jaysun

This was selected as the best answer
jaysunjaysun

Simon,

It worked .. problem was syntax...!

By the way... where is  standard APEX WSDL is supposed to be used?

Thanks,

Jaysun