function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
DannyK88DannyK88 

Contact Reports To Field Questions

Hi Everyone,

I would like to create a report with both the Contact address information and the address information of the contact in the Reports To field on the contact record. I have looked all over and was unable to find a way to do this. Is it at all possbile to do?

Thanks, 

DannyK88

karthiksaivkarthiksaiv

Hi,

here is the quick reply.

if you want the information in an excel,we can achieve it with the data loader and by customizing the query on the contact object. below is the query example:

"Select Id, MailingStreet, MailingCity, MailingState, MailingPostalCode, MailingCountry,  ReportsTo.MailingStreet,  ReportsTo.MailingCity,  ReportsTo.MailingState,  ReportsTo.MailingPostalCode,  ReportsTo.MailingCountry FROM Contact".

but if the requirement is to create a custom in reports object guess we have to use schedule apex. will reply shortly on this.

DannyK88DannyK88

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. The requirement for this is that I get the Reports To address information on a report. At the moment I am unable to get that data into a report. I was wondering if it was possible to do that?

Thanks,

Bo Thompson, 17 GrapesBo Thompson, 17 Grapes
You could create formula fields that display the address data from the Reports to on the Contact. That way the information is available for reports.