function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Shanke_PaudelShanke_Paudel 

Basics development. Getting data from multiple

I need to create a view.. i call it approve view..

It has three tabs.

One fetch data from lead, // xyz fields.

second from a account converted from that lead, //xyz fields.

third from a opportunity from the above account.

I want to pass id of opportunity and view the above information for the opportunity...
is that possible in sales force if yes how??

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
AdrianCCAdrianCC

Alright so you want to see a converted lead and its information, along with account/contact/oppty in a separate visualforce page. 

Some considerations:

- you cannot change the page layout for a converted lead; once it's converted you cannot view the details of it, just a page that says it has been converted and shows links to the acc/con/opp

- you can override the View link for leads to point to a VF page(Setup> Build> Customize> Leads> Buttons..) but this will override it for all leads, converted or not; I suggest you either create a VF page that redirects based on whether the lead is converted or not to the standard page layout or to a custom VF, OR create a custom link on the Lead object that points to the VF page; this link you will show in the list view for the leads so you'll be able to reach it your page from there

- check this out: http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/pages/Content/pages_controller_extension.htm ; this is the way to pass info on your record to the controller and manipulate it. You get the lead id and you can then extract(with a soql) the related converted records acc/con/opp and use them in your page

- do you want just to show the info or to edit it as well?

Thank you,

Adrian

All Answers

AdrianCCAdrianCC

What do you mean by view? Tab, list view, visualforce page etc?

Where exactly is the starting point? Is it a button on a Lead record?

Do you want to show the converted Lead info + its Account and Opportunity?

If you're going with the visualforce page check out apex:tabpanel and apex:tab :

http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/pages/Content/pages_compref_tabPanel.htm

http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/pages/Content/pages_compref_tab.htm

Thank you,

Adrian

By view i mean  visualforce page.

I want starting point to be an tab/Button(not sure what is their name)  like there is for lead accounts and contacts in Sales app by default.

AdrianCCAdrianCC

Alright so you want to see a converted lead and its information, along with account/contact/oppty in a separate visualforce page. 

Some considerations:

- you cannot change the page layout for a converted lead; once it's converted you cannot view the details of it, just a page that says it has been converted and shows links to the acc/con/opp

- you can override the View link for leads to point to a VF page(Setup> Build> Customize> Leads> Buttons..) but this will override it for all leads, converted or not; I suggest you either create a VF page that redirects based on whether the lead is converted or not to the standard page layout or to a custom VF, OR create a custom link on the Lead object that points to the VF page; this link you will show in the list view for the leads so you'll be able to reach it your page from there

- check this out: http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/pages/Content/pages_controller_extension.htm ; this is the way to pass info on your record to the controller and manipulate it. You get the lead id and you can then extract(with a soql) the related converted records acc/con/opp and use them in your page

- do you want just to show the info or to edit it as well?

Thank you,

Adrian

This was selected as the best answer

I am done with my assignments thanks for your valuable time.

Regard's

Shanker Paudel

Do you know how to implement Profile/Role based redirection on login..

How can i change login logic.