function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
AkoAko 

Determine Managed Package version from API

I am wondering if its possible to get info about packages via the API. For example, what version of a Managed Package a person might have installed. My package integrates heavily with an external website, and I need my external website to know what version of a package a person has installed so I can modify the appropriate API calls. 

Is this possible? I know with Apex you can call Package.Version.Request for example...

sfdcfoxsfdcfox

The standard Web Services API doesn't have this sort of detail available. I suppose the appropriate means of doing this would be to have an Apex Code Web Service class that you'd call, or you could do a periodic metadata API bit to retrieve this data asynchronously.

highland23highland23

Hi folks,

I thought I'd follow-up on this thread to see if this has changed at all.  Is there an API call that can be made to see which versions of managed packages are installed?  If not, any recommendations on how to mimic something like this?

AkoAko

I never found an native solution. What I did was just create an Apex Class that simply returned the version number, accessible as a webservice.

The downside was that I had to remember to update the version number in the class each time I updated my package. But it works.

highland23highland23

Great to know, that sounds like it might be the only path for now.