function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Keith654Keith654 

Packaging "Rename Tabs and Labels" changes for Contact and Account

We want to change the labels used for Contact and Account in our packaged application to Person and Organization respectively because that is the appropriate terminology in our business domain. Our expectation is that our users will not be using other CRM oriented applications at the same time.

It is possible to use Setup -> Customize -> Tab Names and Labels -> Rename Tabs and Labels to make this change interactively. But so far I have not found any way to package this change or to get it copied into the Eclipse IDE so that it can also be committed to SVN.

Can this renaming be packaged? If so please provide a link to instructions on how to do it.

Thanks,

Keith

gv007gv007

After instaling the package into yours production org ,you can rename it.

Keith654Keith654

I can see that I could provide post-installation instructions to tell the user to make the dozens of name changes (as many of the field names include the object name) manually.

But my question is can this change be included in the managed package so that the installed package has the correct naming immediately. Any manual setup is a source of customer frustration and error.