function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Devendra SawantDevendra Sawant 

LMA Licenses Count

Hi,

I want to know if we have multiple user profiles set in the org. Then can we get counts by user types in LMA.

For e.g. I sell the product with 10 licenses. I create two user types...Type 1and Type 2. I create 3 Type 1 users and 4 Type 2 users manually from Admin profile. Then in LMA can I get the count separately? 

Regards,

Devendra S

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
aalbertaalbert

Not currently. LMA defines a single license for your application. It doesn't break it out by types of licenses or profiles. 

All Answers

aalbertaalbert

Not currently. LMA defines a single license for your application. It doesn't break it out by types of licenses or profiles. 

This was selected as the best answer

Hi,

How can LMA  keep count of number of  internal users and customer portal(external user) users?

Cheers,

Devendra S

aalbertaalbert

Its not possible today. LMA has 1 license associated with each customer who has installed your managed package. It doesn't differentiate between salesforce license types assigned to individual users. 

Hi,

So how can i know the count of internal users and customer portal users? Because i want to charge differently for license of internal users and customer poratl users.

I am developing one app. It will be used by the internal users and customer portal users. I require to know their counts. So that i can charge them differently based on their license type.

How can i manage this?

Cheers,

Devendra S

ca_peterson_oldca_peterson_old

We had this issue and actually broke our app up into two packages. The first package is a site license and contains our portal components and shared objects, we then made the "admin" interface that requires a proper salesforce seat an extension package.

This has been quite painful in some areas, for example the extension package can't set default page layouts, but overall it was the only way we found to make it work short of building out our own license management system.

Short answer: the LMA needs some serious work to make it useful in any real way to ISVs.

Hi,

Can you please elaborate what you said in your reply. I need to figure out how can we build our own LMA  system to track different licenses??

Do you have some useful links on this issue?

Cheers,

Devendra S