function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Jim F.ax281Jim F.ax281 

How can I change the Related List label for a custom object that's in a managed package?

Hi Everybody,

I've got a managed package that's installed with several clients; the package contains several custom Objects in lookup relationships to Opportunities, and we configure these to show up as Related Lists on Opportunity page layouts.  One of our customers wants to change the title of one of the related lists as it appears on the Opportunity page layouts.  Unfortunately, I can't figure out how to do this.  In looking through this forum, I did find another post that was similar to this one, but didn't fully answer my question: http://boards.developerforce.com/t5/AppExchange-Directory-Packaging/Spring-11-How-do-I-change-the-quot-Related-List-Label-quot-of-an/m-p/246093/highlight/false#M3067.  My customer doesn't have the Translation Workbench enabled, and I'd rather have a simpler solution.  Also, Rename Tabs & Labels doesn't give an option for renaming the related lists.  So:  I'm stuck.

Any suggestions?

Thanks very much in advance, Jim

Sam Hummel 4Sam Hummel 4
I know this is a little belated, but I'm pretty certain that it is not possible to rename fields in Custom Objects that are part of Managed Packages other than by using Translation Workbench to "translate" the field name.

However, you should be able to create a Custom Formula Field on the managed Custom Object with the name you want.  Define the formula so that it replicates the value of the field whose name you don't like in the new formula field that has the name you do like.  Then, in the Related List you should be able to switch out the fields.