function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Thomas StrohThomas Stroh 

Package Upload Error / Report / Unable to include components

I am attempting to  update a managed package and I'm receiving the following error ...

Component Type = Report

Name = "NameOfReport"

Problem = Unable to include components from personal or unfiled folders.

When I try to select and view "NameOfReport" I receive "Insufficient Privleges".

I can see from the "Package Detail" that this report was included in the last version of the managed packge. Is it possible for other users in the current dev org with System Administrator rights to move a "managed" report to a "personal" folder and this would cause the problem? 

Any ideas on resolving this problem?

Regards

Vinita_SFDCVinita_SFDC

Hello Thomas,

If the user has Read/Write permission on report then report can be moved (by dragging) one folder to another and if the report is in a personal folder or in folder where you do not have access this error is thrown.

Hope this helps!

Thomas StrohThomas Stroh

Thanks for the feedback, but  I haven't been able to find the user (active or inactive) that moved or changed the report. That is the root of the problem. Being an older dev org, we have created many users for testing and development. I have been going through user by user to try to pinpoint exactly where these reports are so that I can then move them ... I have gone though 30 of these users so far without luck.

Any other ideas?

Vinita_SFDCVinita_SFDC

Hello Thomas,

As per security point of view only individual has access to the personal folder and since you are System administrator you would be having access on all the folders except the personal folders of the user. Even with metadata API we can not access personal folder.

Now to overcome this issue the only possible solution is to as users to check in their personal folder if they have that specific report.

In future to avoid such situations save the reports in a custom folder and provide access to other users on that folder either read only or as per you requirement.

If you wish to have such functionality in future the please vote the following idea at ideas protal:

https://success.salesforce.com/ideaView?id=08730000000BrZAAA0

Thomas StrohThomas Stroh

Again, I appreciate the response. I logged in as every user where "User Type = Salesforce" and I was still unable to locate the reports. I even changed each user to a "System Administrator" and still did not see them. When navigating direct to the SFDC id for each report, I get insufficient privileges still.

Just a very strange issue I'm seeing.

Vinita_SFDCVinita_SFDC

Hello Thomas,

Now in this case the only possible reason for missing reports/not having access on reports is that their has been  a change in relationship between the objects which are included in the report type on which report is created.

If the relationship between object changes then  the reports on report types of these objects become unavailable. This is as per design, please refer "Impact of Relationships on Reports" in the following for further details:

https://help.salesforce.com/HTViewHelpDoc?id=relationships_considerations.htm&language=en_US

So before changing the relationship between the objects we should backup the reports which refer these objects.

Thomas StrohThomas Stroh

I'm unable to load the report to even know which report type was used as a basic for the report.

Also, I'm dealing with objects that are part of a managed package, you can't change the relationship on managed objects. So I'm not sure if this applies  here?

Regards