function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SarifkaSarifka 

case read

Hi, The organization that I work used Email to case to track support issues. They would like new cases (=new emails) to stand out as unread, similar to the way that unread emails stand out in Gmail. Is there any way for me to build a field that can figure out if the case was read or not? Thanks! Sara
MiguelGuerreiroMiguelGuerreiro

Are you using queues? The way we work is that if a case is in a Queue then it's "unread", meaning that no one is working on it.

vsandlevsandle

We also use queues for processing of cases.  If someone 'reads' it, they own it. :smileyhappy:

SarifkaSarifka
I am using email to case. Each email is assigned to the person whose email address it was sent to. How can I change that with queues? Does that mean that a rep takes ownership by changing the owner and then it's considered 'read'? Thanks for your help! Sara
SurekaSureka

Hi,

Once you enable "Email to Case", you can see "Emails" related lists. There is a "Status" field in the Email related Lists. If the Status is "New", you can consider that case as unread and create a view for only those cases.

I am not sure, If that helps you.

Thanks