function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
kmckay9kmckay9 

Formula: Account ID on a custom object related to an Account

Hi,

I have a custom object "Customer Deal Sheet" that a rep can create off of any Closed Won opportunity.  I added a lookup relationship field called Account, so the rep can choose which account the deal belongs to (Ideally this would auto populate from the account selected in the Opportunity).

I also need a way to pull in the Account ID into a field on the Customer Deal sheet.  I understand that I could just add a blank text field, but if that's the case this field will never get filled in.

Can anyone help with formulas to automatically pull in the Account and Account ID into my custom object "Customer Deal Sheet"?

Thanks!!

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
netTrekker_ADnetTrekker_AD

So when you create a custom formula field on Customer Deal Sheet, you cant see something to the effect of this?

Click the Insert Field button and a pop-up shows

Custom Deal Sheet > Opportunity > Account > Account ID   You have selected Opportunity_Account_ID  [Insert] button?

All Answers

You should be able to create a new custom formula field on your object and then click the "Insert Field" button, click "Opportunity >", then click "Account >", then click the Account ID field and insert it into the formula editor.The field will now display the Account ID.

You should be able to do this with both the Account Name and Account ID.

kmckay9kmckay9

I'm only presented with the option to select Field Type : Customer Deal Sheet.

So when you create a custom formula field on Customer Deal Sheet, you cant see something to the effect of this?

Click the Insert Field button and a pop-up shows

Custom Deal Sheet > Opportunity > Account > Account ID   You have selected Opportunity_Account_ID  [Insert] button?

This was selected as the best answer
kmckay9kmckay9

Hi,

Here are the options from the field type pull-down menu

Unfortunately images are a PITA in the Community Boards. Feel free to email me. I have sent you a PM with my email address.