function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
yvesyves 

Custom Field

Help somebody

Is there a way , to create somekind of document template within an open text field. Been Told by SFDC support that you have to create a formula to push text

example :

TEXT (ABCDEF)
TEXT (ENTER INFO)

Is there an easy way to acheive this ........

Tried and it doesn not work.

Any hint someone .
Thanks

Yves Bédard

CurtAllen.ax323CurtAllen.ax323

If I am understanding correctly, you are asking if there is a way to have a field long text area, and build a template within it... and have certain areas populate based on other fields or formulas?

If this is the case you cannot create a field within a field, and you cannot run a formula within a long text area (a formula is a field type it's self remember).

I do not see anything wrong with typing out a template and using underscores, copying, pasting, and removing the blanks.  That is the only way you are going to achieve what you are looking for if I understand your question.

yvesyves
I just want to be able to have pre-determined text in a open text field. That pre-determined text would always be the same. Not related to and external field Yves Ybedard@coveo.com
CurtAllen.ax323CurtAllen.ax323

yves wrote:
I just want to be able to have pre-determined text in a open text field. That pre-determined text would always be the same. Not related to and external field Yves Ybedard@coveo.com

If that is the case, I would simply create a custom field on the record, Long Text Area, and populate that area.  Then every time you would like to send an e-mail, simply copy and paste from that LTA.  The only problem with this setup is, you will have to enter the template into every record created.  It may be a better alternative to look into help and training and use an actual e-mail template.