function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
RichardC.ax220RichardC.ax220 

How to get from custom configuration to deployment

I have a simple package that includes a configure custom link. The link refers to an S-Control that does the configuration. When I install the package, I get a Configure button, along with a disabled Deploy button. When I click the Configure button, the configuration S-control displays just the way I want it. However, when I close the S-Control, the Deploy button remains disabled. What does my S-Control need to do to make the package deployable?

I looked through the Winter '08 documents and release notes, but haven't found an answer there.
A reference to the appropriate document would help. Thanks.
GregCGregC

Deploy is described in the online help in the app -

After installing an app from the AppExchange, components that are stored in folders, like reports or dashboards, are instantly available to users because of their folder settings. However, custom objects are hidden and workflow rules are inactive until you deploy them. Deploy an installed custom object and activate any workflow rule after making the necessary customizations for your organization. See Configuring Installed Apps for tips on making customizations to installed apps and app components before deploying. Deployed apps are available to users in your organization with the appropriate profile and page layout settings.

So the contents of your package determines whether the deploy button is active or not.