function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
BrittanyBrittany 

Email Alert sent when Last Activity Date is greater than 7 days

I already asked SF Support and the basic answer community and did not get a answer that I was really looking for (which was no). So I figured I would ask you guys.

My general manager would like an email alert to be sent when the Last Activity Date on an opportunity is greater than 7 days and another if Stage Duration is greater than 7 days. I am have trouble creating workflow rules for these two email alerts.

I was told that this wasn't possible from Support and basic answer community said to add a custom field checkbox to the opportunity which is not ideal at all. Please let me know if this is at all possible and if so can you PLEASE provide me with the correct formula in which this is possible.

My company has Enterprise Edition and we dont have permission to create apex triggers.

Thanks in advance!!!!!!

Steve :-/Steve :-/

Hi Brittany,

Unfortunately "No" means NO, you cannot trigger an Email Alert based upon those conditions.  The best that you could do is to maybe create a Time Dependant WFR that is kicked off when the Opportunity Stage is changed and will execute the Email alert if the Opportunity Stage remains the same for 7 days, but even that one might be pretty tricky to write. 

BrittanyBrittany

Ok, it was wishful thinking. Thanks anyway!